In order to maintain the look of your new Carpets & Upholstery we strongly advise having a Protector applied. For over 30 years we have been licensed applicators of Scotchgard ™ Protector.
What Is ScotchgardTM Carpet and Upholstery Protection
- Scotchgard ™ is an invisible shield which helps stop spillages on carpets and upholstery becoming stains.
- It helps protect carpets from food and drink
- It helps prevent dirt, dust and grime from becoming ground in on your carpets.
- It repels water-based and oil-based spillages (e.g. coffee/wine/mayonnaise).
- It won’t change the feel or colour of your carpet or upholstery fabrics.
What are the benefits of Scotchgard carpet and upholstery protection?
- It extends the life of your furnishings and carpets. You can add years to your investment with Scotchgard ™ Protector.
- It makes the clean-up of your carpet and upholstery spillages faster and easier.
- It helps keep carpets and upholstery cleaner for longer. Liquid spills and dirt can quickly make your carpets and fabrics look old before their time. Scotchgard ™ helps prevent this.
When Should I Have It Done?
The perfect time to protect your Carpets and Upholstery is when they are brand new or if you have just had them cleaned. After application regular vacuuming and quick attention to stains and spills will keep your furniture and upholstery looking cleaner longer.
How to deal with a spillage
- First thing: do NOT panic!
- Use WHITE towelling or absorbent tissue to blot any liquid spill
- Be patient – continue until no more residue appears on your towelling or tissue (this may take some time)
- Blot only (do NOT rub – it spreads the stain)
- Do NOT use any detergents or bleaches
If you’re left with a stain, call us, we’ll be glad to help.
How Long Does It Last?
The average time under normal circumstances is 3 to 5 years.
This may change depending on the place where the furniture/carpets are situated. A hall, for example, will need more frequent protection than say a bedroom. It also depends on the amount of traffic on the area (i.e. large family or just 2 adults). The type of use the area gets also plays a part (e.g. home or public area).
With over 35 years’ experience, we highly recommend a top up of Scotchgard when cleaning is carried out. Usually it is unnecessary to reapply the Scotchgard to the entire surface of the Carpets and Upholstery. For example, the carpet underneath your couches or piano is unlikely to need it. The back and sides of your suite similarly don’t tend to need top ups as frequently as other areas. To find out more about our Protective Treatment, call us on 01-8400799. Alternatively you can email us